Monday, January 02, 2006

Its about time that I do a recap of my x'mas/ny holidays. I've had a good end to the year, and absolutely not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow :'( Its been a good week and a half off, but it kinda feels that I've been away from work longer.

I can't remember if I mentioned what my holiday plans were. Let's see... first of all, fongie came down to spend her xmas in sydney which was pretty cool. She was spose to stay till the 9th, but shes gonna leave a couple days earlier. Getting sick of Sydney already, and probably of me too :p Anyway, the big event of the holidays was going down to Kangaroo Valley. It was a jam packed couple of days but really good fun. The rest of it was just going aroudn with Swee Fong and then seeing the eve's fireworks. Everything seems like sort of a blur. My memory getting kinda bad...

So first up, pics & comments from Kangaroo Valley trip. The trip was made up of a total of ermm..18 ppl i think? I'm lost on the exact numbers unless I actually count names, but lazy to do that at the moment. Rented a house for 2 nights. Surprisingly big and comfy. Pictures to come. We went canoeing, bushwalking, dolphin cruise, the beach and an amusement park. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it was a fair bit of stuff to do.

We (or fongie to be more exact) didn't take any pictures of the canoeing place. Didn't want to bring the camera to the water. Some of the other guys did though. Must get the pics from them later on. Canoeing was pretty good. Relaxing and tiring in a way, but unfortunately my legs got sunburnt. I applied sunblock on my hands and face, but forgot about my legs. Aihs. Got pretty red, and I'm actually shedding right now. Quite fun to peel the skin off my legs ^_^

We had the best pies in the world for lunch after canoeing...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
at least thats what the sign said


The pies were alright, pastry was very good but can't say the same for the fillings. At least they have very nice milkshakes.

The dolphin watch cruise was next on the itenary. We went aboard the Tekken III Tekin III at Jervis Bay. Its supposed to be very good. Excellent chances of seeing dolphins and what-not. They even got awards for being the best dolphin cruise before. Pity all that doesn't mean jack since we didn't get to see any dolphins. Although I did enjoy being on a boat for 2 hours. Its quite fun. Instead of snapping photos of dolphins, we just took photos of ourselves.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Outside...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and inside.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and a dead Thos. He was napping for most of the ride.


It was about 5-6ish when we were done with all that (we set off from Sydney at about 8.30 in the morn). After the cruise, we went to collect the keys at our house and then head off to dinner.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The house

That pic was actually taken during the BBQ on Saturday, but fongie didn't take any pictures of the house from the outside.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Dining room


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Part of the living room


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
it has a fireplace too!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and nice bedrooms


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
our room for the weekend.

Thos took the top bunk and fongie and me had to share the bottom. the house had another 3 rooms with double beds, but all taken up. Some people had to sleep in sleeping bags as well. The house was meant for 12 ppl, and we had 18. Oh well. At least we had a bed to sleep in.

Dinner was at a Thai restaurant in town (ermm..which is just a street with nto more than 10 shops ?) Its a pretty fancy place considereing its remote location.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
called Jing Jo Thai


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
almost the whole gang, minus fongie and 3 latecomers

I reckon the food was so-so. Nothing much to shout about. Definitely can't beat Doy Tao. I don't really recall what we had as well, so i suppose thats 'nuff said.

Didn't do much after dinner. Everyone was pretty tired. I didn't have to drive and I was tired ^_^ Got to sleep in the car while Thos drove. Hehehe. We watched a Jackie Chan movie (there was a dvd player at the house). I think its called The Myth. Not bad la the show. Typical Jackie Chan show though.

Okla. thats enough of a blog. Took me almost an hour to get this far. To be continued...

No comments: