Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I got off work early today. Had to send a guy to the airport, so just went home instead of going back to work. Heheh.

I had an appointment with a mortgage broker yesterday. Aussie Home Loans. Not bad. The meeting took much longer than expected, so I ended up with a 2 hour lunch break ^_^ Learnt a fair bit from it. I should be able to get a loan up to $300K approved. Only problem is my employment status. I'm not really permanent with the company, but I'm not really a contractor either. It should be ok as long as the banks don't really question it. Even if they do, I think I can get get a letter from the company with ermmm... some details omitted. Heheheh.

See how it goes. I'm gonna lodge for loan pre-approval later this week, or maybe early next week. Don't really have much tiem in a way. It would be best to have a preapproval before I go to Perth. Wouldn't kill me though. After playing around with the program I wrote (to pull property listings off the web), I think the prices of the area I'm going to look at is pretty high. Oh well. I'm headed down there anyway, so its not a loss even if I can't find anything.

I'm gonna start looking at information services now. I need to have proper historical data regarding property if I want to be serious about this. Forums are so useful in this respect. Already found a few agencies that looks promising. Off to work then...

No comments: