Sunday, August 19, 2007

holiday blogging

didn't take me long to become lazy to update my blog's template. don't really know what to do with it now. just gotta put back the links section, and I think my non existent statistics collector too. Quite annoying how old those things go missing when you update the template.

I just joined Facebook a couple days ago. Looks a lot nicer than friendster. Seems to have a lot of nonsense on it. I've uploaded some of the NZ pictures on it. Seems easier than putting up photos on the blog. Not sure if the photo album on it is public. Can't seem to link to it, so if you wanna see it, you gotta join facebook too :)

Just a sampler:
@Lake Pukaki

The scenery there is absolutely gorgeous. 1st time I've seen so many snowcapped mountains. Thredbo is nothing compared to the snowfields in NZ. I'm rather tempted to go back there next year, but there are other places to travel too as well. This is one of the times you wish you were bloody loaded. I could just fly down to Queenstown for a snow weekend at anytime. Its gonna take about the same time as driving to Thredbo. Maybe add an hour or two for the stuffing around in airports.

Just a bit more about our trip. Theres 8 of us in total. The 4 of us in the picture about: me, thos, michelle and yenny (mich's friend). And the other group of 4 is mich's sister's (i.e. carol) gang. I reckon this is actually a good way to travel. Break up a big group into 4s or something. Makes it pretty easy to move around, since we can either do our own things as a either a big or small group.

Anyway, we flew in to Christchurch a day earlier than Carol's group so we could spend the next day doing the scenic drive to Queenstown. Lake Pukaki (pic above) was one of the stops we made. Lake Tekapo was another:

this was actually b4 Pukaki

Whole drive with all the stops took us about 9 hours, but it would usually be about 6-7 hours from Christchurch to Queenstown. We stayed at the Oaks Shores Apartments.

balcony view

I'd highly recommend it to anyone staying in Queenstown. A really nice apartment to stay in. Flat screen TVs, 5.1 surround sound system, roaring fireplace, modern interiors, lake and mountain views. I was bloody impressed since I wasn't expecting the apartment to be that nice. I took some pictures, but had to delete them cuz I was running out of space on my memory stick by the end of the week.

to be continued...

No comments: