Friday, August 24, 2007

whats there to do?

nothing much it seems. I want to go out and buy my Mazda 3, but thats probably a couple more weeks to go. I'm going to package it as part of my salary, so gotta talk to a financial planner, and the consultants who do the salary packaging for St.George. After that, theres actually looking for the car, and the delivery of it. Seems like my car will be 1-2 months away. Sigh.

In the meantime, maybe I'll just upgrade my computer. I acquired a new game today, 'Overlord'. Started installing, and the message:

"Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this game"

what the hell!? it hasn't felt that long ago that I had to get new parts for my computer... and now it can't play new games anymore. Zzzzz. Maybe I really should consider getting an Xbox 360. Then I won't have to worry about this systems requirements nonsense anymore. Ughh... but then even Fatts stopped playing his xbox liao. No real motivation to buy anymore. Aihs.. What to do..what to do?

Suppose to continue blogging about the NZ hor? It feels like so long ago, even though its only been 2 weeks. Feeling lazy to blog about it already. When I think about it, it doesn't really sound like we did much actually. 2 1/2 days were spent on the slopes and nights were spent recuperating.

The most exciting stuff we did (apart from the snow) was bungee and the shotever jet. Jumping off the Kawarau bridge was great. Damn good feeling. I'm going to go for the Thrillogy package the next time I go back to Queenstown. Jump off Kawarau, Nevis Highwire and the Skyline Ledge (not sure if it has Skyline in the name...). Real sweet! You basically get 3 jumps for the price of 2. Should have done that in the 1st place. Oh well.

looky at the camera...

shotover jet was good as well, but I didn't bring my camera so didn't have any pictures. Didn't buy the photo packs as well. Dom did take some pretty nice pics with his cam around the Shotever river though. SLR camera with wide-angled lens. Pretty cool.

team Queenstown!

I think I have these photos up on Facebook as well. Easier to publish albums up there, rather than in a blog. The other 'big' thing we did was go to Milford Sounds. What is it? A place with lots and lots of:

waterfalls...
and waterfalls...
and more waterfalls.

Apparently theres not that much that day either. Suppose to be thousands of them after heavy rain. Would be an impressive sight.

No comments: