Tuesday, January 30, 2007

hot ...


... and humid. feels kinda like KL weather at the moment. Could be worse I suppose. At least its not a 40 degree summer in Sydney.

I'm planning to get myself 2 pieces of new loot:

an Xbox 360!!

and to go with it...

a 22" widescreen LCD!


Roughly $1K aussie all up. The monitor is one of the value in the market now. Its not particularly super, but you can't find anything else that can beat its price for its class. Its a Chimei 221D. Don't *ptui* at the Chinaman brand though (its actually Taiwanese), its pretty good stuff. The 22" Acer widescreen is the pretty much the same thing. Same panel but rebranded as Acer with a different body. The Acer does look better though, but for about $50 more. You'd probably get this monitor if you order a Dell computer with a 22" monitor widescreen too. Apparently Dell made a big order for these monitors from Chimei.

I'm actually not so sure about the 360 yet. Especially since I haven't even started playing Burning Crusade, but I'll definitely get the monitor, if not something better. Will have to wait till I get back from KL though. Kinda moot buying it now if I'm already leaving next week.

No comments: