Sunday, September 16, 2007

not quite condemned...yet

it hasn't been a week, and I've already crash my heli a number of times. First thing to go was the landing skids.


Can't quite see from the picture I suppose. But you can just make out a wad of cello tape at the front left skids (the 'legs'). That whole is actually superglued and taped to the body as well. At least the cabin is covering that up. Oh, and the orange wire is actually the antenna.



Another crash yesteday took out the tail boom. You can see where I taped it back. It still flies though... but potentially dangerous if the whole thing comes apart. These things can go scarily fast if you aren't used to it.

At least now I can sort of fly the chopper around a little. I can hover it for a bit before it starts careening off towards the wall or a car (I fly it around in the carpark) Have to work on my landings though. I've just ordered more spare parts. This is going to be a pretty pricey hobby. Have to order my parts online from Hong Kong. The ones at the local hobby shops are bloody overpriced. $25 for training gears (think very thin chopsticks in a cross, with ping pong balls at the end) ...when I can get them online for $7. Absolutely ridiculous. Long live the Intenet and the PRC!

No comments: