Saturday, September 22, 2007

not so cheap after all

after receiving my credit card bill, I realised that this RC helicopter hobby isn't that cheap after all... despite it being a PRC product. Turns out the invoice came up to around $185... for something I busted in less than a week I think. Ugh... its freight thats making it so expensive. That...and the stupid aussie dollar being weak at the time I made the purchase. If I bought the heli like a week later...I would have saved around $20

The heli itself was only US$80... aihs...ended up paying $185...ouch. Of course. That is inclusive of spare parts and the delivery. I'm still waiting on the part to arrive before I can start fixing the heli. But before that...I have to figure how to take it apart. Gonna have to buy some superglue debonder, and maybe even a soldering iron.

Wonder if playing RC cars is cheaper... at least it ain't as likely to break into tiny little pieces when it crashes.

No comments: