Monday, September 05, 2005

hey hey! back from Threadbo and it was bloody awesome! All my muscles are sore, I'm bruised in several areas and I have a sprained ankle but it was all worth it ^_^ Boarding is so cool, and I think both of us (me n Thos) did pretty well for our first time. We could do the falling leaf pattern (i'm lazy to explain :p) reasonably well ah. So we can go down a slope without bulldozing if we wanted to. The hard bit was doing the linked turns (which is the cool looking one ^_^). We learnt how to do that the 2nd day. Not too bad la. I can turn in one direction, but not in the other :p I think the most I managed was about 3-4 linked turns.

I didn't take a whole lot of pictures. Too engrossed in boarding, and I didn't bring my camera up to the mountain the first day.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Lake Jindabyne. Its the view from where we were staying


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Getting ready


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Obviously not ready yet...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On the ski lift (duh?)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Some random location on the trail


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I lost track of Thos on the 2nd day, so we just went exploring by ourself. This is part of the Village Trail, a green run (easiest)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This one is a blue run (more difficult) called Ballroom I think. Quite nice to board down, until you reach the bottom part. There were patches of ground and the snow is pretty thin. I avoided a patch of rock and wiped after that. Bloody painful landing on your knees. Ouch...


Thats about all the pictures la. Not a whole lot. The whole trip set us back roughly $500 each, but pretty worth it I suppose. It was great. Except that I can't go to work today cuz I can't walk properly. Gonna pop in to the doctor later today just to make sure my ankle is ok.

No comments: