Thursday, August 31, 2006

It feels like I've been sorta busy the past few days. Updated my resume, and started to actively apply for jobs again. Its been really slow for me since I've been temping. On one hand, I have some income to supplement my living expenses. But on the other hand, it feels like a waste of time when I can stay at home and follow up on my job applications, stocks and readings.

But its been 4 months (or more?) since I've left a permanent job. Having more time doesn't necessarily mean I can find a job quicker. Aihs. I've been considering doing some of the SAP courses. I kinda know which stream I want to do, but not sure if its viable. All up, its going to be about RM50K to complete 2 streams (roughly 2 months I think). And even after investing that money, might not even get a job. So stupid... but I really need to do something to improve my job prospects, even if its just on paper.

At any rate, January next year is probably my limit. If I can't find proper work by then, I'll head back home to do the courses and get some work experience. Considering the recent issues in my family, it would be good to spend more time with my mom, and maybe even work with my dad. Thos has the right idea as well... spend as much time as possible with them while they are still well and healthy. Although in my case, its probably spend as much time as I can take. I'm not exactly a family person.

Thats it for today... time to sleep.

No comments: