Friday, April 22, 2005

arrgghhh!!!! my computer is dead! dammit...partly my fault too. I took it apart to clean...but now it can't boot up anymore. bah! I can't really isolate the problem as well, since I don't have any spares to work with. This is the one time I wish I was still working at Favco... plenty of computers for me to muck around with (although thats sorta illegal since its company property o_O).

I have a rough idea what went wrong. One is that the graphics card decided to pick that time to die on me. Bloody huge coincidence...since I've been having problems with the gfx card lately neway. Keeps crashing. 2nd...is that I killed the CPU somehow. I did use a vacum cleaner to clean all the dust. A big no-no, since that generates loads of static, and static = very bad for computers. But then again, I've been doing that for the past 8 years...never had any problems before.

Plenty of other things could have gone wrong la... motherboard dead... PSU decides to fuck up... and the list goes on and on. Computers can be iffy bastards. But conclusion is, I need new parts. Its still a little early for an upgrade, I've only been using this system for about 2 years. They usually last me 3 years or more. Sighh... but don't really have a choice at the moment. Must get Warcraft up and running again :p Aihs... and all this because I didn't want to play Warcraft yesterday...so I decided to clean up the computer. Sheesshhh... WoW is the devil, whether I play it or not.

Anyway, I've been doing some research into what I need to get. I'm really out of it in terms of computer parts. Don't know whats good anymore. So many different iterations of the same model. Idiot manufacturers... I've only decided on the CPU so far. But don't know about motherboard and gfx card yet. It depends which way I want to go... I could get an SLI motherboard and have TWO gfx card running my computer. double the grunt! pretty neat huh... relatively new technology. But truthfully, I've been thinking of getting a laptop as my next computer. Since I sorta intend to travel around next time....dilemma dilemma

fark...its really not a good time for my com to konk out.

No comments: