Tuesday, June 21, 2005

today was the single most exciting day i've had the whole year. i got the mother of all wakeup calls... a toasted foot and a burning bed o_O


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


my heater melted down or something and took out a corner of my bed along with it. Waking up to face a wall of orange flame is not something I would want to face again. My foot got toasted by the fire...but I didn't get any burns or anything. It just feels a little raw now... kinda like after touching a hot kettle.

My bed burns pretty well too. The flames were high enough to lick my face. At least its easy enough to put out. 2 buckets of water did the trick. I wanted to use the fire extingusher...but I forgot where it was. I kept thinking "living room..living room", but thats where the extinguisher in my KL house was o_O I did try beating out the flames at first... but instantly regretted it.

Step 1) grab nearest pillow
Step 2) discovers that i'm holding my favourite pillow...switch pillows ^_^
Step 2) whack away at the fire...
Step 3) choke to death at the ash that flies into your face

I have no bloody idea how it happened though. I don't leave the heater on when I sleep and even the power outlet was switched off. So its like wtf? Can only attribute it to a serious bout of bad luck la. Aihs. i just spent half my morning cleaning up the mess. mainly feathers from my blanket...and ash everywhere. have to wash half my wardrobe too. sigh... and i don't even want to estimate how much this will cost me. bloody huge hold in the middle of my room. I think i have to recarpet the whole room. Cuz theres holes in several other spots as well. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! stress... now i REALLY feel like going back home

No comments: