Sunday, October 15, 2006

employed again!

Just a quick update. I got offered the other position I mentioned as well, well.. half of it anyway. Its a consultancy role as well, but the original plan is that I will be placed with Citibank for about a year. The other candidate got the Citibank role, but it seems like I made such a good impression that the consultancy is offering me a job anyway. I don't have a placement yet, so its likely I'll be in the office doing some training and whatnot.

If everything goes well, I'll be receiving the contract on Monday. I already knocked back the other job, so they'd better not backstab me. I feel quite relaxed now that I finally got the job I wanted. Can finally breathe easy...although the hard part might be actually keeping the position. They seem to have pretty high expectations from me. Not too sure if thats a good thing.

Apart from that, nothing much else to report. I've sort of finished up my work at my previous company as well. Completed the things that I could but theres still some work thats leftover. I had a few games of Texas Hold 'em at my manager's place on Friday. Lost $37 even though I did damn well in the early stages of the game. I got all the big chips in the beginning... but lost them all in the end. Aihs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great post thanks