Tuesday, October 24, 2006

shopping

I actually did some shopping over the weekend in preparation for my new job. I got myself 2 new suits, 2 shirts, 2 ties and a pair of cufflinks. About $850 in total. Ouch. I'm not a 100% happy with the purchases too. The suits are alright for a start, they have a nice tailored fit without any adjustments needed. And if I get fatter, the pants can be adjusted to have some extra slack :) I'm not sure about the sleeves though. It seems like a good length when my arms are on my sides, but feels kinda short if I extend my arms. Not sure how it should be though.

The shirts that I bought had french cuffs too! Very snazzy looking.


The one of the left is a french cuff, and I think the other one is an angle cut barrel cuff. Didn't know how to put them on at first because the cuffs were poking out of my coat when I tried on my suit as well. So I thought I might be wearing them incorrectly. Turns out I was right in the first place. Its just that the 1st shirt I tried it on with was a 'full cut', meaning wider body and cuffs, so its a little larger. I just had to put on the jacket carefully so that the cuffs stay inside the sleeves. No biggie, although that took me like over an hour to figure out o_O

No comments: