Monday, October 23, 2006

first day

today was the first day on my new job. have to say its not very exciting. Not a lot I can do at this stage apart from reading and tinkering around with Business Objects, and read some more. Most of the work today was actually just setting up 2 computers with the company's default installation. Pretty simple affair apart from a few licensing issues. Almost everything automated... I really should learn how to set that up. Just click one icon and bam! All the applications that you would need to use is installed and configured.

I think my initial week or so would be pretty much what I've done today. Read, do some practice, read, ask questions and read some more. Quite a lot of stuff to cover, but at a first glance through the material, it doesn't appear that that I'll have a problem with it.

Its a pretty casual environment I suppose. I won't need to wear a suit and tie to work, which is a bit of a pity. Well, not at this stage anyway, since I'm still just doing training in the office. What I'm doing probably not as exciting as the other graduate, since I'm just stuck in the office while she is already working onsite with one of our clients. But it won't be long till I'm doing that too, so no worries!

No comments: