Thursday, October 05, 2006

'tis a good day

not too shabby. I did well on my interview and I'll be placed on the shortlist for the next stage. Now it just depends on whether the project manager thinks my resume is up to scratch. Its an interesting role, doesn't pay $60K p.a. but I'll get there eventually. Its a graduate/entry level role and I'll receive up to 12 months of real on-the-job training. Fingers crossed.

Next, I also have another interview for another entry level role lined up tomorrow. Consultancy as well, don't know much about it yet, but it looks pretty good as well.

Third, I have another role on the books and they just asked for my academic transcript. Thats a junior programming role, so I'm not as keen as the first two I just mentioned.

4th, I was actually offered a role back at my previous company. The other IT guy left, and they want me to take over his role. So I would be doing their IT stuff, as well as materials control/tendering. No more purchasing, which can only be a good thing. I've got 2 weeks to get back to the manager. I'm not that keen on going back especially since it will be my 3rd time, but at least its a backup plan if I want to continue staying in Australia and I don't get the roles I want.

5th, I got myself a WoW account!! Which ermm.. might not turn out to be such a good thing after all. I also pre-ordered the expansion pack, and just had my character transferred over from tho's account. Unfortunately it'll take a few days for that to complete.

And lastly, my shares scored bigtime today :) Its always nice when that happens, even if I don't have plans to realise the gains yet.

No comments: