Thursday, November 02, 2006

yay! managed to finish off my work...sort of. Maybe like 85% done. But I think I figured out the problem on the way back home today, so should be finish by tomorrow morning if all goes well.

I also got paid for 7 days worth of work! I think I got overpaid though... not that I'm going to complain anytime soon. When I got my payslip it, I asked how it was calculated. I'm just paid at a daily rate at the moment, and they don't really bother with timesheets and stuff, which is cool. But based on what I got for 7 days, I seem to be getting paid a $48K base which way off the mark. Well... I'll find out the deal on my next payslip

BG had their "techie brekkie" today. Its a monthly meeting where all the consultants get together and have a meeting over breakfast in the office. The topics would usually be recent challenges during the course of work, and how it was resolved. And someone usually does a presentation on same aspect of the product as well. It does seem like a good practice to adopt... although I would probably get annoyed with it eventually if it wasn't for the free food :)

Had to wake up 1/2 hour earlier for this meeting, so I'm feeling pretty tired now. Gonna hit the sack early.

No comments: