Monday, July 17, 2006

interview this morning, start work tomorrow morning. its nice when things are so simple. Finally got a temp job, although its only for a week. Pay is pretty standard. About $18 or so for data entry work. But best thing about is that its about 10-15 minutes down the street. Get to save on transport fare. Sweet!

The bad thing? I still have to continue searching for jobs and sending in applications. A bloody pain. I just put in 5 applications. I don't know if its actually a lack of jobs or what. Some ppl seem to be saying that IT has lots of jobs now, but really doesn't seem that way to me. Maybe on the upper echolon of the spectrum... but kinda hard to find something for a person who isn't a total noobcake, nor an expert, namely me.

Oh well. At least, this data entry role is good enough for the moment. Its short enough so I can still keep a lookout on proper jobs. And gives me a little money towards paying bills. My shares are getting killed by the recent downturn in the market. And the only share that I own that isn't in the red can't be sold (i.e. no buyers). E*trade has a nifty feature that lets you see the current bids in the market. If I'm not wrong, it shows you the current buyers/sellers for up to 10 price points. Its only for orders that are sitting in the system (not sure if its just E*trades, or the actual market). But its an indicator of the prices you can use to get in or out of the market.

I don't mind the downturn that much since it'll turn up eventually. But it seems like each time I make a purchase... the entire market turns down o_O Same thing happened the last time. I'm still sitting on a $600 paper loss on that one. Aihs... my bad though. It went past my stop, which would have limited it to less than $300 but I couldn't bear selling. Now twice that amount is gone. Sigh... expensive mistake. I can have like 80 plates of siu yuk fan with that money... :'(

No comments: