Wednesday, July 05, 2006

sigh. the days have been so demotivating. I'm getting rejection notices left, right and center. I'm just not getting anywhere. The only thing I find fun now is learning market related stuff and finalising my trading/investing plan. I've managed to stop checking prices every 5-10 minutes which is a good thing. That seems a bit too obsessive considering I'm not a day trader.

Unfortunately my living expenses are slowly eating into the capital I've allocated for my investments. Maybe I should go on my indomie diet again. Its about 30c a pack. 5 packs a day, thats $1.50. Multiply by that by a month, and its only $45 for a month's worth of food! Compare that with my budget for $450 for food expenditures. Thats a savings of a 1000%!! How wicked is that ^_^ Although the drawback is I'll probably shave more than 10% off my lifespan among other health problems. Aihs.

Anyway, I think I've worked out a decent budget for myself. I'll need $1400 for day to day living. That covers rent, bills, transport, food and some misc monthly expenses. Another $450 allocated for optional expenses such as leisure, clothes, toys etc. So thats $1850 in total. I intend to put 10% of my income towards long-term savings & another 10% towards investment purposes. This means I'll need a take home pay of $2350 to accommodate my budget. That'll give me a $30 surplus as well. Considering that I should be taxed at 30%, I'll need a salary of roughly $3350 before tax, which is a $40K base salary.

Sighh... now I miss the time when I was getting a $50K+ package before being jobless. I guess it kinda evens out to me having a lower paying job throughout the year. OK, its past lunchtime already. Need to start making calls to job givers. Maybe I should go into recruitment, just so that I can mass email rejection notices to other jobseekers. Hmmmmm. Interesting thought.

No comments: