Saturday, September 09, 2006

I didn't mentioned that I scored an interview for an very good position. The role is an IT Support Analyst. Its an actual analyst position, not those helpdesk or lvl 1 tech support crap ppl call analysts nowadays... I would be working with actual systems design and the like. Or at least thats what the job descriptions says. Its a permanent role, but I'll be working on a particular project thats under development. So I think I'll be doing a little of everything involved in a software project. Requirements analysis, design and maybe even some coding & testing. Sounds perfect.

I think I match the qualifications and experience they require, but I have an inkling they are looking for a person that is more senior. The recruit did mention that they are looking for a recent graduate with about 1-2 years work experience, and its a role where they want to train someone up to be a technical BA. I was asked to bring in my academic transcript (oh no!!) so I guess thats true.

Hopefully I can overcome that during the interview. I've been doing research on everything that I could possibly need, and even went through some of my uni material. Just do my best at the interview and hopefully everything will fall in place. Interview will be on Thursday, so I have a fair bit of time to prepare. Oh, and the position pays $60K+ too :)

No comments: