Thursday, September 28, 2006

The problem with applying for work is that more often than not, you can't get an immediate reply. I don't know about other lines of work, but its quite pissy if I'm gunning for higher level IT work. Higher level meaning a role that doesn't involve being a 'PC lou' or 1st Level Tech Support(still a 'PC lou', but chained to phone instead).

Theres been a number of openings for junior IT consultancy work. Apparently, the IT talent in Australia is drying up. There are more companies willing to train graduates up. Both good and bad news to me. Its great there more opportunities for me to get into consultancy. The downside is I'm no spring chicken considering I'm not exactly a graduate anymore. Bah. Just do whatever I can I suppose...

My fingers still feel a bit cacat. Having to do data entry during the day, and coming home to work on the computer isn't exactly contributing to the health of my digits. And blogging about it doesn't help either. What a vicious circle. I think I'll stop now.

No comments: