Thursday, February 17, 2005

I'm off for the rest of the week. Actually, I'm suppose to go Favco and fix some of the computers, but haven't contacted them yet. Better remember to do that later.

I already earned $220 this week. Enough to cover expenses... barely. I guess I do need to some find some other source of income soon. Even though my expenses have been cut down, I'm still not earning enough to make up for it. Hmmmm. What to do.. what to do?

I started behind the bar this week! Happiness! Heheheh. Wasn't there the whole time though. Just a couple of hours for training, and when it isn't busy. Theres really not a whole lot of do for most of the night. Theres the pre-show crowd... so it gets really busy from 6.30 to 7.30ish. Its a little havoc for me the first time, cuz I was just shown around the bar about 15 minutes b4 the crowds came o_O The drinks aren't much of a problem for me, I already know all their alcohol stuff (figures... :p) The only difficulty is doing the till. I'm bad with giving change and stuff... cuz gotta work it out in my head. Not good with that... I think I charged some ppl incorrectly as well :p Oops

Its supposed to get busy post show as well, but the past 2 days were alright, we start closing up at around 10.30 The place is usually open till about 12, sometimes up to 2am.

But neways... the serving and making drinks part is pretty fun. I like it... but after the crowds comes the crappy part of the job. Washing dishes. Most other places would have their own kitchenhand, but the bartender doubles as that over here. Its not a problem during the afternoon because we mostly use styrofoam plates and cutlery, but we use proper plates and cutlery at night. Aihs... part of the job I guess.

No comments: