Wednesday, March 23, 2005

WoW server down...so theres no warcrafting for me tonight :'( On the bright side, I got part of my job application(s) done. A very small part... I just wrote like 3-4 lines detailing what subjects I failed during uni.

I got distracted by my cocktail book which I left by my computer... I've got nothing else to do, so I'm gonna share some alcohol facts (sorta). Do you know what constitutes a standard drink? And no way in hell is drinking straight from a Chivas bottle a standard drink :p (someone can tell Jason that...)

1 standard drink equals approx 10grams of alco (or 12.5mls)

Standard measures:
Beer....................285ml
Spirits.................30ml
Wine...................120ml
Fortified Wine...60ml

Thos asked about alco strength in beer as well... so ermm

Regular beer = 4-5%
Light beer = 2-3%
Spirits = ~40% (doesn't matter if its mixed or not)
Wine = 12%
F.Wine = 20% (fyi, fortified wine is stuff like port, sherry etc.)

Informative yes?? Anything else you wanna know about alcohol... let me know :) I 've got plenty of books. Hehehe. Cooking recipes as well (alchoholic of course ^_^) Oh. 1 more thing b4 I go off n watch anime. RDA for alcohol, so you can booze yourself to death safely :p

Less than 4 standard drinks = Low Risk
4-6 std. drinks = Risky
6+ = Harmful

*based on 2 alcohol-free days per week

Where do you rate? And just so you know... I fall in the low risk category....except when I had dinner at Ken's place. We finished about 3/4 of Moutai. 53% of alcoholic goodness and most of it went into my glass o_O

1 comment:

-K- said...

yep yep. I'm pretty sure about the info. Except that US measurements would be different. A standard drink for them is about 25ml.

As for the low tolerance to beer, I don't really know how to answer that. Theoretically there isn't a difference, and its all in your head ^_^ But lots of factors are involved i.e carbonation in beer, composition of wine etc etc. Even where you drink plays a part in determining your tolerance (empirical fact!)

But enough of that... just go with whichever makes you drunk faster ^_^