Monday, January 24, 2005

ho hum... I'm being paid $20 an hour to stare at the screen while surfing the net and chatting on MSN :) Heheheh. How fun. I'm at work longer than expected today. I was supposed to come in just to troubleshoot one of the computers that I set up on Friday. Fixed that within 3 minutes....and thats $100 liao. ^_^ Cuz I'm clocking my travel time as well... which is 4 hours to and fro. Being a casual worker is pretty good.

So far I've been here 3 hours plus la. Recycling some of the older computers. Gotta reformat and then reinstall the programs. Simple task... but bloody time consuming. Took me 2 hours just to do one computer. I'm being paid...so don't really care. But I wanna go home and play Final Fantasy X-II. Started playing that last night. Thats gonna be 30 hours down the pot :p

What else? Oh. I've been reading "Awaken the Giant Within" by Anthony Robbins. Pinched it from Thos. I kinda like these self-help/motivational books. Interesting enough to read. It's not exactly very inspiring for me... but I like to read it anyway. The ideas in his book are pretty basic, very 'mind over matter' stuff. I'm only about 1/3 through the book... but haven't read anything in his book that I don't know already. I guess thats probably why I'm not exactly motivated by it. I never really practiced any of the stuff that I get from these books, except maybe "Don't sweat the small stuff". I guess I should...since 'successful' ppl do it. But I'm sorta happy the way I am now. Do what I want kinda thing, at least trying to :p

I think I should start being more worried about getting a job soon. I have enough savings to last being unemployed for another 3-4 months. Now that I think about it... thats not an awful lot of time. And its quite a waste of my savings.


No comments: