Saturday, January 01, 2005

It's a brand new year ahead of us! How was everybody's eve? Heard about the cancellations back home in KL... so no fireworks for you guys back there. I suppose in a way, it isn't exactly the best time to be celebrating. But then again... its all the more reason to celebrate! For our family and friends that were safe from the tsunami disaster, and also bring a modicum of cheer to those affected by the tsunami (although that's an arguable point o_O)

Anyway... I must say that 2004 hasn't been all that wonderful. I've had my fair share of ups and downs... life ain't exactly a bed of roses for me, but all I can do is roll with the flow :) '04 also marks a few significant changes in my life. There's so many things that I feel like recapping but that would probably make for a rather long post that drones on and on and on and on and on.... :p

The most obvious change is that I've moved from Melbourne to Sydney, as well as making my foray in the world of white-collar workers. And January 2005 would see me scrapping all that and becoming a full-time bartender ^_^, but that's another story.
I'm living by myself, and supporting myself fully, which is great! I love my total independance (sort of anyway...) although it comes with it's own sets of pros & cons. I need to consider adult worries such as putting siu yuk on my table, paying my bills and what-not. But then again, in a worst-case scenario, I could always just go back to my parents like so many ppl do :p

Goals I've achieved this year? Not a whole lot actually. I did manage to start kendo, like I promised myself, but I've had to stop it due to injuries o_O I bought myself a digital camera as well, which was something I've been hankered for eons. I've had several ideas (business and otherwise) over the year, but had to shelf most of them away because they were impracticable at this point of my life. Who knows? Maybe something will turn up this year ^_^

Emmmm... I think I shall take a short break from my reflection period and put up some pics ^_^ It seems to be getting rather long :p I didn't take alot of picture cuz I wanted to take a movie of the fireworks. I'm quite dissappointed actually. Not with the fireworks, they were pretty awesome. I bloody forgot my tripod, so it was almost impossible to do any night shots. And we a got a great spot to watch fireworks from. And without the huge crowds as well! Anyway, without further adieu:


Sydney, from the Balmain waterfront. I really wanted to take more shots of it but it was just too difficult. 90% of the pics turned out blurry



Andy supposedly posing in front of the portaloos o_O We really needed to pee, but after standing behind the queue, we decided to go drown some bushes instead. Ppl were coming out of the portaloos looking really pale and exclamations of "Jesus Christ!", "Oh my god!!" and "Fuckin hell!.." can be heard. It seems that one can have encounters with the divine in a portaloo :p



Wondering what to do after watching the prelim fireworks. The dude on the left is Andy's cousin, Paul (i think :p)



Oh yeahhh! Long legged blonde beauty! One of the main reasons I regret not bringing a friggin tripod. Could have taken a much nicer picture *fapfapfap*



Jez stoning while waiting for the main event

1 comment:

-K- said...

couldn't take pics of the bridge ah. they didn't light it up. got a movie of the fireworks from the bridge though :p