Thursday, January 20, 2005

I feel like I'm leading such a healthy lifestyle now. Well... not quite there yet la. But soon... maybe :p

My new routine is: Waking up at about 9-ish, eat some yoghurt, brush my teeth and then go for a swim. We don't have a very big pool though. Its around.. 10 metres maybe? I do about 10 laps b4 I get lazy, and then I go cook myself in the steam room for about 10 minutes.

Nice ya? Of course...I can only do this cuz I'm unemployed at the moment ^_^ I've sorta got until March to bum around cuz thats when most MNC graduate programs open up. I'm still aiming for that... if I don't get anything this time around, then I'm gonna be a lost soul :p

.....

*Burp* I just made myself a nice bacon and egg breakfast, so much for healthy lifestyle ^_^ Hmmm, I think Tho's speakers are kinda crap now. Been blasting them too much. Alot of static coming through. Anywayz, back to me :p I was supposed to go in to Favco today, to help set up the new computers and hook them up to the network etc etc. I haven't received another call from the GM, so I assume they don't need me today :) I'm gonna spend the rest of my day reading. Maybe go to the beach with Andy, since he is getting 2 days off as well. It's his birthday today as well... so better remember to wish him.

Where was I earlier? Oh yeah. The graduate program thing. For one thing, I'm not like super keen to get in. Its just that if I do, its a great learning oppportunity. The whole corporate scene thing isn't all that great. Some make it to the top and make big bucks. The CEOs, senior management and whatnot. But everyone else are just bottom feeder, or just burn out b4 they even get anywhere. An exaggeration...but probably not far from the truth.

And honestly... the money isn't exactly great either (especially if you are just average) A garbage collector in sydney can earn $100,000 per annum. Think you can top that? And thats aussie dollars as well. Makes you think going to uni is kinda pointless huh? In a way uni has been pretty useless for a while, 'cept maybe for occupations that are more academics based, like medicine or law. Theres actually an article in Times that mentioned this. University degrees are worth less (not worthless, yet) now because of the amount of ppl going thru uni.

Unis don't give you much practical knowledge, which is the only thing thats important when you go out to work. I can say for sure I didn't :p at least not based on the work that I got from uni. If I really wanted to be good at computers & programming, I'd have to learn everything by myself. Which kinda defeats the purpose of going to uni o_O

Hmmmm... I must be really bored to have blogged so much. Anyways... I think I don't want to be a 'proper' adult yet. So I'll do all the bartending and mucking around I want :) Hows that for ambition? :p

*edit*
the $100,000 p.a. salary for a garbo is inclusive of their overtime and stuff. I THINK their base salary is about $50,000 for a 20 hour week. Still a shitload of money for collecting rubbish.

No comments: