Thursday, December 30, 2004

I think I discovered the cause behind my occasional rash outbreaks ever since I got back from KL.

1) I'm taking glucosamine supplement;
2) Glucosamine is derived from seafood i.e. crustaceans; and
3) I'm allergic to crustaceans

Its probably that...coupled with sensitive skin. At least the rashes aren't too bad. I get bumpy patches of skin and its mildly itchy. Kinda like being assaulted by a swarm of mosquitoes.

And I finally got an xray done for my knee too. Didn't turn up anything, as expected. So my options are to wait it out...and hope it heals o_O Or a cordizon injection (correct spelling?) This doc reckons I can continue doing sports and stuff... and stuff the glucosamine cuz it probably does jack shit o_O Very different advice from the other docs I've seen. Hmmmm. I'll probably resume doing kendo in February regardless. Or once I get transport of my own (which feels like never o_O).

closing note, 'case I don't blog later: HAPPY NEW YEARRRRR!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wilson here... it's cortisone injection a.k.a steroid injections to reduce inflammation. It's kinda potent and can relieve the pain for months b4 it comes back again ... :) Saw my doctor gave a few to some patients before ... quite good stuff. Probably a few years down the road, I'll inject some into you for free ... haha .. :)

-K- said...

ooo. I was wondering if it was some sort of steroid injection. thats the best thing apparently. Are there any side effects though?

Anonymous said...

Wilson again...

Steroid injections rarely produces side effects. It may be helpful in reduce the pain in your knees but it does not cure the problem within it.

Here's a nice simple website that explains all about steroid injections that you need to know:
http://www.clevelandclinic.org/health/health-info/docs/0100/0163.asp?index=4934

Happy new year! :)