Friday, May 26, 2006

u guys remember the show Minority Report? Tom Cruise had a monitor/screen of some sort which he could manipulate with his hands. Very cool. What about it? A part of that technology is out now. My cousin told me about it. She did some design work for a company in KL that was either selling these screens, or using it as a demo. Can't remember which.

I'm too lazy to figure out how to link the video on my blog, so you can watch it here.

The idea is that its a multi touch screen. Current, or should I say standard touch screens can only accept one input at a time. But with this screen, you can manipulate items at a whole new level. Watch the video, and you'll get what I mean. Very, very nice...and very expensive too.

Its not quite Minority Report level yet, but stil a very cool technology. And one that I believe will kick off once it becomes cheaper to manufacture. Another idea off the movie is a huge ass touch screen, like this one:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
at the Chicago O'Hare Airport


Thats basically a huge ass touch screen. Its not a multi touch like the one in the video, but its only a matter of time before they decide to combine both. I wouldn't think its that hard to do, just a lot more expensive. Except for the problem its not very practical, since with a screen that big, you can't reach the top bit. Even more so if u'r a hobbit like person ^_^

No comments: