Monday, May 29, 2006

the weekend seemed semi productive. Thos got himself the pet rats on Saturday. 2 females about 7 weeks old. Both are white with brown patches, very cute. I don't have any pictures cuz they've been hiding inside their house. I took them out to play earlier this morning. They'll come and sniff my hand and gnaw on my fingers, but won't climb on me yet. Plenty of time for them to get used to me though.

On Saturday night, Shihan held his 50th birthday party. Dammn alot of ppl. I don't think I've seen so many people at a house party before. Got his relatives, friends and students as well, so his house was pretty packed. They even had their own DJ o_O I felt a little out of place, since I don't really know anyone there apart from Shinan and a couple of faces. But overall it was a decent night. They had a speech thing going so we learnt a bit more about Shihan's history.

Sunday..ermmm. What happened on Sunday? Oh yeah. Lunch with Tho's relatives and then watched X-men 3. I thought it was pretty decent. I don't feel like any movie had the WOW! factor in a while. I've been going to movies with minimal expectations. I suppose thats good in a way. You don't get disappointed by the movie. Like the Da Vinci Code. Ppl and reviews all said it was pretty crap. I didn't think it was that bad. A tad too lengthy perhaps, but could have been worse. Apparently the movie didn't explain much and it had plot holes n stuff. Honestly I didn't really catch any. I could follow the movie fine. Maybe its cuz I've read the book and just filled in the blanks automatically. Oh well.

No comments: