Monday, May 15, 2006

yay! i think my weight is back to pre-christmas days. still fat, but not as fat :p
roughly 2 weeks of South Beach dieting paid off, although my efforts were probably nullified by yesterday's meal.

jeremy's aunt held a small mother's day bbq thing. quite a fair bit of food. got fried chicken, roasted potatoes, pasta salad, steak and pork chops. Mmmmmm... the pork chops was bloody nice. The fat just melts in your mouth. Heheheh. Smoking the meats really does make them tastier.

Its starting to get a lot cooler lately. Theres even snowfall up in Falls Creek already (apparently, i read it in the news yesterday, but it doesn't look like much snow on the website's cam). I'm super really looking forward to snowboarding again this year. And so is Thos. I just pray that I don't fuck up my ankle even more. Its still no different from last year. It fucked up abit after a few light games of badminton last Friday. I should be getting more worried about it, but still slacking.

Snow gear is damn ex though, especially since it won't get used as much. At most 1-2 weeks in a year o_O And thats already pushing it considering my income (more accurately, the lack of it) I might get myself another pair of gloves. A proper one this time. The stitchings on the cheapos I bought last year split after only 2 days of boarding. Should have brought it back for a return. Aihs. But they aren't that great of a fit anyway. Last minute purchases.

So anyway, my shopping list is a new pair of gloves, a beanie, thermals and proper socks. Thats already like $200, if I get the slightly better stuff. Jacket and pants... no need to say la. I'd reckon around $700. What an expensive hobby. But then again, I forked out $800 for Kendo gear that I don't use anymore o_O Don't know when I will pick that up again. Come to think of it...my ankle and knee problems originated from there. Ish....

No comments: