Thursday, June 22, 2006

5 minutes after I blog about not receiving a call regarding a job, I get a call offering me the position. Cool! The base salary is quite sad, but overall I might be able to earn $60K over. That depends on the hours I can charge out to clients. So it depends on how much business the company has.

I'm trying to negotiate the pay now. $35K base salary seems just too little. If all goes well, I'll probably start beginning of July, which would make it what? 3 months of unemployment? Or was it 2? I lost track of time already. Hope for the best. I'll still take the job even if I can't get the improvement on the salary. Thinking about it, its really a good opportunity. Its a really small company, so I don't have to work from the bottom of the food chain to become a consultant. I can start visiting clients once I feel I'm up to speed on my knowledge. 1 year is more than enough time for me to become an expert in the applications I'll be supporting. I might even be able to play a part in expanding the company! How cool will that be?!

Putting the job aside...We'r going to Thredbo tomorrow!!!! Woohoo! Picking up the gear today. Can't wait to see what kind of boards we get to use. Hope its something cool ^_^ Apart from that, have to start planning for our NZ trip already. Need to go down city and get some quotes later. Maybe I'll go visit the chinese doc if I remember later. And also check out some medical insurance stuff. Hmmm... quite a number of errands to do now that I think about it.

Ah well. Lunch comes first. I'm gonna go have a mushroom mozzarella melt. Won't have much chance to eat that during the week once I start working.

No comments: