Monday, June 26, 2006

omg. i'm in fuckin agony now. twisted my knee really bad yesterday. came off a skilift, my board caught in the snow, and my knee went *pop* after it crashed into the ground and my leg went in an unnatural direction. worst pain i ever felt at that instant. it subsided after a minute or so but that felt like an eternity. The lady with the ski patrol was saying its a common injury in the sport, and the popping sound isn't a good sign. Might even need reconstructive surgery. I guess it didn't really sink in at that point in time. I didn't really feel anything about it. I was just "oh, ok!". They strapped me in to a sled and I got a ride down to the medical center. That was pretty cool :) I wanted Thos to snap a picture, but I think he was pretty freaked out.

Anyway, the doc said it wasn't so bad. I could move my leg reasonably freely when he diagnosed me, so nothing was broken. Most likely a tear of the meniscus cartilage. Can't tell at that moment anyway. Its pretty bad now though. Its swelled up a fair bit, and I can't straighten my leg at all. I need to get an xray done, and get the doc to prescribe me some stronger medicine. But don't know how man. The medical centre I go to is pretty far from here, and I can barely shuffle around the house. Plus I need to return the rental gear as well. Not a promising day...

To top it off, my whole body is absolutely buggered. I feel bruised and sore all over. My neck is the worst off though. If I'm lying down, I can't get up unless I use my hands to support my head. Or roll myself up. But I can't roll now cuz of my knee. Tried that this morning when I woke up. Fuckin hell... knee hurt so much I cried out. I'm cringing just thinking about it.

Kla. Have to shuffle back to the kitchen. I'm using a pack of mixed vegetables to ice my knee. Starting to melt already. Gonna put it back in the freezer.

No comments: