Tuesday, June 20, 2006

its my birthday today! woop dee do :p I should be more excited that I'm 25 now (should I?), but every day this week is being overshadowed by the fact that we'r finally going up to Thredbo this weekend. Just can't wait for it to come. Shouldn't get so hyped up... I don't want to get disappointed.

My interview yesterday went pretty well. Scott (the boss) seems pretty ok with having me on board, but he still has to go through some other candidates. I should find out by Wednesday. Its a small establishment la. Just him, an older lady and I think he is hiring 2 more ppl (including my position). Its an entry level (in other words, low pay) Customer Support Consultant. Jobwise... its pretty ideal to what I want. I provide application support, travel to sites and fix problems and maybe even source out new contracts eventually. Not a lot of companies uses a junior for this type of position.

The problem? The place is pretty far. It'll take between 1 to 1 1/2 hours to get there. Thats still closer than my previous company though. I don't know the pay details yet, but he wouldn't be able to pay my $45K p.a base salary like Favco. And with Favco... I get away with more than that cuz my transport expenses were taken care of. It'll cost me $2K+ annually to get to work, excluding the time wasted on travel. So if the pay for this job is less than $40K... I really don't know. If its possible for me to bring my take home pay up to $50K+ by sourcing new contracts and stuff then thats ok la. I don't mind being paid for performance.

Other than the distance, the pay, and the fact that there are no chiqs at the company... its a pretty good opportunity for me. I should be able to learn a lot by working at this place. In 1-2 years, I should be able to become a proper consultant. At any rate, I'll just mull over it when I get the call tomorrow.

No comments: