Thursday, June 15, 2006

I haven't been looking for jobs this week. Getting sick of it. I'm meeting up with the boss of a consultancy company that I met from when I was at Favco. He knows about what I've done so far and was interested in my resume. He didn't have anything suitable for me back then la. His company does have a support position open, but he said that its too low level for me. Anyway, I forwarded him an updated copy of my resume, and he asked me to drop by on Monday for a chat. I'm not expecting much, but its better than nothing. I haven't even been for a single interview in the past month despite my applications.

Not gonna do much today. I ran out of market related books to read. Theres another one I want to pick up, but Kino doesn't have the paperback copy. And Amazon is actually cheaper even after factoring in the delivery cost. Haihs. I reckon Aussie bookstores really make a killing... Theres barely any price competition. Most books sell for the same price at Dymocks as they do at Kino. Only difference is when theres a Sale on or membership benefits.

I'm reading the book Jacq bought for me. The Rules of Work by Richard Templar. Its one of those tips to succeed at work books. Dress smart, have a firm handshake, etc etc. Makes for an interesting read. Oh! I've also re-discovered internet radio yesterday! :) I used to listen to them when working in the computer labs in uni. Its a good change from the mp3s I have on my drive. I've been sitting in front of my com so much, I'm starting to get sick of the music I play.

Oooo... gonna go look at boarding stuff today though! We might rent our stuff from a store in the city instead of up in Thredbo. Might have better stuff to choose from. I've still got stuff to buy though. I decided that I probably won't get new gloves yet. No current designs that I like. But I still nede to get thermals.

No comments: