Friday, June 30, 2006

this week seems to have gone by so fast. its already Friday, and it sorta feels like we just got back from Thredbo. I guess sleeping a lot does help the time go by faster :)

I went for my xray & ultrasound yesterday. what a waste of money. aihs. I should have gone to the clinic that does bulk billing (i.e. don't need to pay anything), which was the one I was suppose to go to. Instead, I opted to go to the one in the city, which ended up costing me about $100 extra. I really don't get the medicare claim system. A bit fucked up imo. Go to a clinic that bulk bills and you don't pay anything, go to a clinic that doesnt, and you fork out extra money for it. Aihs.

Anyway, the imaging didn't turn out much. I have a medial collateral ligament injury. Apparently one of the better ligaments to stuff up. The doc didn't say it was torn or anything. Its just swelled up pretty badly. Should take about a month to get better. I didn't get tested for cartilage damage, cuz that will take an MRI to detect, but it doesn't seem to be the case. It doesn't really hurt unless i move the knee in a funny angle or try to straighten it, so i guess the damage isn't too bad. I'm still limping around though. Kinda hard to walk if one of your legs can' straighten up.

Apart from doing my checkups and stuff, I've been searching for work as well. Getting quite demotivated. I've applied for a couple on Seek, and also googled for some consultancies that I may be interested in working for. Haven't heard from any of them though. Sigh... I think I'll just apply to do some data entry for a month or so. I should think about earning some money, instead of getting a job I want.

No comments: