Saturday, June 17, 2006

I can't wake up in the mornings, and I can't sleep at night. Just what the kuku is wrong with me. Aihs. Plus my ankle is acting up again. Cold nights are not good for me. I think I might go to the chinese doc again later in the day. Probably need to manipulate my joints again. I really want to get my ankle fixed... perhaps I should go for an MRI. Wonder how much that would set me back.

I guess I should take up private medical insurance. If only for the extra benefits. You can claim up to $350 for stuff like physiotherapy or chiro. Even acupuncture is included. Don't know how much the cover is though. Probably more than $350 a year. I've just cancelled my death & tpd (total & permanent disability) insurance from my superannuation. Eating up my superannuation for no good reason. The $1/week account maintenance fees are bad enough. I don't even know how much interest the super will be able to earn.

I don't believe in all this compulsory savings crap. Its not my problem if some people aren't smart enough to manage their money for retirement. I'd rather employers pay me the extra 8% superannuation contribution or so directly to me. I'll decide what to do with my own money, thank you very much. At any rate, I don't think the money an average worker gets from superannuation is enough in the first place. Some people still have to scrimp and save, or come out of retirement to survive. Those that don't have to... don't rely on superannuation in the 1st place.

No comments: