Thursday, June 01, 2006

81kg today! Woohoo. Its nice to weigh yourself early in the morning after taking a leak :) Makes you feel good about yourself. Heheheh

I'm off for an appointment in the city today. With soem business consultants, for lack of a better term. Its a small business advisory service. I wanted to find out what kind of services they can offer me, and maybe if they can help me find out some stuff in regards to my business idea.

After that, I might try to looking for the Billabong hoodie that I really want a 2nd time. The store clerk might have made a mistake when he couldn't find the size. Then I've got a book that I want to get, and after that I'll probably lame at Gloria Jeans or a while with a cappucino and a cookies 'n' cream cheesecake :) Mmmmm... sounds like a nice day so far. A bit tired of being cooped up at home during the week. Its been ok though, I'm occupied during the day with reading and just checking on the stockmarket.

A book that I'd fully recommend to anyone when starting out in the market is "The Aggressive Investor", by Colin Nicholson. Its based on the Aussie market, but his model can be applied to any investor. Its a great starting point if you don't know how to write an investment plan. Apparently its not that suitable if you don't have around $50K to invest in. It might still work out if you have enough capital, but you'd just have to take on higher risks, and the brokerage fees will eat into your portfolio as well. Even so, I'd still recommend the book to those without the recommended to start with.

Colin recommends "Come into my Trading Room", by Alexander Elder for those without the recommended starting capital. Incidently, this is the book I'm going to buy today. Not because I'm a lemming and want to buy it because he recommended it. It was already my intention to pick up this book after finishing with Aggressive Investor. So its a bonus that Colin recommended it as well.

I'm off then. Don't want to miss my bus.

No comments: