Tuesday, June 13, 2006

its been 1 1/2 months since i've been voluntarily unemployed. I'm kinda in a paradox. Time passes by so slowly...and yet so quickly at the same time. You can also say that I have so much friggin time on my hand since I'm not working, but I feel that I have no time as well because I'm not working. Aihs. What a muddle.

I wish I can just take off and travel around the world. Technically... I can certainly pay for it now. Although that doesn't mean I can afford it. Such a pain. I wonder when I'll be able to travel to Japan and the South Americas. Europe would be nice as well. They have such impressive architecture. Like the Sagrada Familia in Catalonia


from wiki


Coordinates are 41°24′13″N, 2°10′28″E if you want to check it out on Google Earth ^_ I'm not an architecture fan, but I still appreciate the beauty and effort that is poured into this structure. Seeing these kind of buildings are among my list of things to do before I croak. The Machu Picchu in Peru is another place I want to see with my own eyes. My friends who've been there (and SA in general) absolutely loved it. Incidently, Google Earth has Machu Picchu as well, but you can't see nuts since theres no lights in that area.


courtesy of wiki


Honestly speaking though, its not like you need super a lot of money to see all of this. Its a huge amount if you want to sleep in 5 star hotels, snack on beluga caviar and wash it down with foie gras. Round the world trips on statravel starts from $1500 to $3000. I guess it kinda depends though. One of my friends travelled around Europe and spent $20K. She did spend a whole month there... but it still seems like a pretty hefty amount. Ah well. No point thinking about that now since I don't even have a job to fund any escapades. At least I still have my ski trip next week, and New Zealand in September.

No comments: