Wednesday, August 04, 2004

I was reading some articles on The Star (Malaysian newspaper) and the '98 Commonwealth games just popped into my mind. Well... mainly the rhythmic gymnastics team ^_^ I think there were actually some pretty girls on the Malaysian team. I can't remember exactly though. I actually tried looking for some images on the net, but can't seem to turn up anything. I only got a listing of the '98 team though. There's Carolyn Au Yong, Thye Chee Kiat, El Regina Tajuddin and Sarina Sundara Rajah.
Malaysia actually won some medals too!! Pretty awesome at that time. I only got to watch the gymnastics and bowling competitions. It was SPM at that time (or maybe the trials) so couldn't do much else apart from studying :p

I wonder if these girls are still doing gymnastics. I don't think they joined the 2002 Commonwealth games, can't be stuffed looking for the listing. I just googled it, clicked a few links and didn't turn up anything. So too bad. On a more interesting note, I think I actually chatted with the Carolyn on IRC b4. Ahh..those were the days. Kinda got sick of the a/s/l thing though. Sheesh. Wonder if it's still like that. It's been ages since I went IRC for chat. It's only good for downloading comics and anime now.

Oh yeah..back to the Carolyn chat thing. Yeah, I don't really remember much. I remember chatting with a girl, name was Carolyn and she said she was staying at some kind of boarding school for all these sports people, where they can train etc etc. I didn't really think much of it at that time though. I was just like "oh! ok". And then the '98 games came along and I realised that it was her on the team and I thought "shit! she's for real...". it was cool though, but I only talked to her maybe 2-3 times? Too long to remember.

No comments: